A Sound Design Challenge from School of Motion & SoundSnap
Contest runs from November 30 - December 11, 2015
SoundSnap is an amazing site to search for and purchase Sound Effects. The interface and functionality remind me of my favorite stock music site, Premium Beat. It's my new go-to for SFX. We've teamed up with them to create a very cool challenge:
Sound Design the video clip below using a combination of SoundSnap provided effects and sounds you create yourself, and you could win a year of Unlimited Sound Effects from SoundSnap. Perhaps you'll use a technique you picked up in the Frank Serafine interview we did.
MAKE SURE YOU READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS!
Win Unlimited Sound Effects for a Year!
This contest will run from November 30 - December 11, 2015. You have until 11:59pm EST on the final day to submit your work.
There will be 3 winners chosen and announced on December 17, and each will receive a 1-year Unlimited Download account from SoundSnap.com.
How To Enter & Rules
The short version: Create a sound track for the video clip, upload your result to the Sound Design Challenge Vimeo Group, and you could win a year of Unlimited Sound Effects from SoundSnap.com.
- Download the video file and sound effects pack below.
- Using any tool you like, create a sound track to the video. You may use the provided SFX, or anything sounds that you create yourself or own the rights to. Do not use any copyrighted sounds.
- Upload the result to Vimeo, then join and add your entry to the Sound Design Challenge group. You must include a description on the video which explains the creation of any custom effects you made from scratch.
Entries will be judged on the following:
• Detail - Did you build up a rich sound bed? Or just throw a few effects together?
• Drama - Did you build the sound bed in a way that creates an impact at the end of the piece? Is there an arc to the Sound Design?
• Mix - Did you mix up low-frequency and high-frequency effects to get a fuller sound?
• Creativity - Did you add any homebrewed effects? Or just use the ones we gave you?
Creativity is the #1 way to stand out in this competition. Use a software synth, record something interesting on your iPhone, heavily process your voice to create a weird effect... and make sure you tell us what you did in the Vimeo description.
IMPORTANT: Do not use copyrighted sound in your work. You are liable for any copyright infringement complaints, School of Motion, Inc. and SoundSnap bear no legal responsibility for infringement.
This contest runs from November 30, 2015 - December 11, 2015. All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm on December 11, 2015 to be considered for a prize.
Three (3) winners will be chosen and announced on December 17 via e-mail, Twitter, and Facebook. SoundSnap will provide each winner with a 1-year Unlimited subscription to SoundSnap.com.