We're a UK based production company looking to expand our animation offering by taking on a junior motion designer.
We work with a broad range of clients from international corporate clients, to UK based start-ups, to supporting TV and film productions. We're also helping to launch a new mental health media company who will require a lot of animation work, so there is a real opportunity to influence the look and feel of what is sure to be an exciting new brand.
One consistent requirement all out clients have is the need to make complex topics simple and engaging, so we would really value skills in both storytelling and design that can help us achieve this.
Here are a few things you'll be responsible for:
- Taking time to study a brief and come up with exciting ideas.
- Presenting your ideas with the wider team and clients.
- Creating dynamic and powerful storyboards that really show our vision.
- Turn out collective vision into engaging and immersive stories.
- To innovate and not be afraid to share new ideas and creatively express yourself.
- Create high-end animated content that hits the mark.
- Bring personality and character to an already outgoing creative team.
- To constantly want to learn more on a daily basis and a mindset that always tries to find a solution.
What we need you to know well:
- Premiere Pro. We expect you to have a good understanding of the software and how it can be utilised to tell great stories.
- After Effects. We expect you to understand how to make great animated content and how the software links with other Adobe software for seamless workflows.
- Photoshop. We expect you to have a good understanding in order to create storyboards and work with assets from our design team.
- Illustrator. We expect you to be able to not only create bespoke assets but to work with assets created by our design team and use them in After Effects.
- Cinema 4D. We expect you to have a fundamental knowledge of the software, to understand creating and animating 3D objects and designs, and to reach an advanced level in using the software over time.
What would be a bonus:
- If you can illustrate from scratch and be able to create scamp-based sketched storyboards.
- If you have a graphic design background and have an eye for detail and design.
- If you know fundamental code that will help with expression-based animations in After Effects.
Offices in London & Cardiff - but UK remote working is fine
- Experience Level
- Preferred Skill Set
Adobe After Effects
- Job Type