School of Motion is growing our team of teaching assistants!
Enrollment keeps on increasing, and we want to extend an invitation to our alumni to help us continue to inspire thousands of budding and experienced motion designers each year. Our contracted teaching assistants work remotely for about 5 - 20 hours per week on their own schedules and make between $1,000 to $5,000 during each 12(ish) week session.
We’re looking for teaching assistants for every single one of our courses. Teaching Assistants who can start in the Fall sessions of 2018 , and/or who want to be part of our community as "next in line" for teaching assistant positions as we grow.
Once you are invited to be a School of Motion teaching assistant, you’ll be a part of the family and will very likely be invited to come back session after session.
We are incredibly picky, only the most motivating and talented alumni will be accepted. If you have applied in the past, please do not hesitate to re-apply again this session.
Do you have what it takes? Click the link below if all of the following apply to you:
- You are a School of Motion alumni of any course, from any session
- You LOVE teaching and mentoring other motion designers of all skill levels
- You’re pretty proud of your portfolio or stuff that you’ve worked on, and you can show us your favorite work. You have confidence in your motion design skills
- You’ve got no problem taking ownership of your tasks and working without a lot of direction
- You’re a great communicator, and you can quickly get your point across through written and spoken channels
- You have a good microphone and a quiet place to do a 30 minute or less recording one each week
- You have a good internet connection and have no problem uploading and downloading large files
- You can commit to 12(ish) weeks of checking student’s homework submissions every week day
- You’re OK with making a separate Facebook profile for SOM and helping motivate your students throughout the session.
- You want to be active in the School of Motion company Slack channel
- You are nice. You want to hang out online with all of us other nice people
note: Being a School of Motion Teaching Assistant is a contracted 1099, part-time position that can be done anywhere in the world where there is decent internet access.
Sound like you? Awesome, we can't wait to hear from you.
anywhere in the world
- Experience Level
- Preferred Skill Set
Adobe After Effects
- Job Type