School of Motion is looking for an experienced Full-Time Finance Manager who can take charge of routine accounting tasks and financial reporting for a small but quickly growing company.
As a company experiencing rapid growth, School of Motion is looking to add a Finance Manager to our growing team. This is a role in a fast-moving, agile company that will require you to have a high-level understanding of financial planning, cash flow analysis, forecasting, and memes. In this position you will keep day-to-day operational & financial tasks running smooth. In short, if your love of balance sheets is eclipsed only by your appreciation for cat gifs, this role was made for you. This position will directly report to the COO.
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Managing all accounts payable and receivable
- Running bi-monthly payroll
- Royalty calculations and payouts
- Expense Reports
- Reconciliation of Books
- Sharing Funny Gifs
- Quarterly Financial Analysis and Forecasting Reports
- Collaborating with our CPA and preparing necessary documents for tax filing
- Assisting with Cash Flow Analysis
In this role you will help us continually improve our processes and prepare for even more future growth.
Skills and Experience Needed for Success:
- An Investigative, curious personality
- Very strong analytical problem solving skills
- Proven experience with financial reporting and forecasting
- At least 3 years demonstrated experience in a similar role (Experience in a startup environment or small business is strongly preferred)
- An active appreciation for 80s rock music, or music of related greatness (We can be convinced...)
- Bachelors in related field is preferred, but not required.
- Know Quickbooks like the back of your hand
- Know how to use Slack, Zoom, Notion, and Airtable, or feel very comfortable picking up new tech and implementing it into your day-to-day workflows.
- Willingness to travel for at least two weeks each year for company retreats.
- Spicy meme and/or GIF skills
- Experience managing vendors
- Knowledge of creating tax calculations and estimated payments
- You do not have to have knowledge of motion design or be an “artist” for this role, but a real appreciation for this industry would be a plus.
We have a very flexible schedule at School of Motion. You will be expected to work a standard 35 - 40 hour work week on EST time, but we’ll make it work whether you are an 11am-7pm person or a 7am-3pm person. Work on a schedule that works for you.
- Tell us about your experience in a financial role in your resume (a link to your LinkedIn profile is great too!)
- Write us a letter that explains why you’d be the best fit for School of Motion
- Include a screenshot of your internet speed from speedtest.net
- Send a link to your favorite financial meme and a social media account that inspires you (Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, etc)
- Tell us about something that you are currently learning or excited about (and how you are learning it)
- Video cover letters in lieu of written cover letters are very welcomed.
About School of Motion
At School of Motion we’re trying to reinvent the way students learn online by combining the best parts of a traditional brick-and-mortar school with technology that allows our students to receive elite Motion Design training from anywhere in the world. Our mission is to break down the barriers to learning, mastering, and working in Motion Design. We currently have ten comprehensive courses, over 5,000 Alumni, dozens of Teaching Assistants, and a small team of full-time staff working diligently to keep everything running! And this is only the beginning...
Our Core Values:
Our core values embody our team dynamic and our voice. We are rebellious, helpful, effective, playful, and curious. If you would like to work with us, you should be all of these things too:
- We don’t like to do things just because they’ve always been done that way. Be skeptical of the status quo and constantly improve.
- There is no such thing as “not my job”. Help out in any way you can, and don’t hesitate to reach out for help.
- We do things fast and smart. We automate if it makes sense. We skip the meeting if its not immediately beneficial to the mission.
- No Bad Vibes. Don’t take yourself too seriously, it’s only Animation.
- Have interests, pursue them ruthlessly. Share your weirdness.
Some important information...
While School of Motion does not discriminate on the basis of citizenship or national origin, we may only employ United States citizens and people who are authorized to work in the United States. As long as you meet that criteria, you can work from wherever that is comfortable for you! We’re a fully remote team that primarily operates on Eastern Standard Time, and if you are local to Sarasota, Providence, or Los Angeles then you can come work with us in person.
$55,000 - $75,000 depending on experience
We have some great benefits!
- We cover 100% of your health insurance and a portion for your spouse and children
- We have an extremely flexible time off policy. Work wherever you want with an internet connection.
- Access to a 401K plan after one year of employment
- Profit based bonus program
- Saying that we have a very casual work environment is an understatement, just be you.
The position does require domestic travel at least twice per year when we all get together for company retreats and industry conferences (they are fun!).
School of Motion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
School of Motion is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at School of Motion are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
- Experience Level
- Preferred Skill Set
- Job Type