School of Motion is looking for a Full Time Student Experience Manager to help create an unforgettable experience for every School of Motion student.
The Student Experience Manager will report directly to the Operations Manager, but needs to be a proactive self starter, as this is a somewhat autonomous role in a fully remote company. You will be guiding members of the Student Experience Team, answering support tickets, and acting as a public facing personality that represents School of Motion’s core values.
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Hiring, training, and ongoing (hands off) management of a team of 15 - 20 part timers.
- Creating Student Engagement initiatives like contests and giveaways, and seeing them through to completion
- Using creative methods to provide a unique experience to every School of Motion student
- Maintaining and exceeding SOP’s for Student Support tickets
- Providing both product and technical support
- Identifying and Communicating issues and opportunities that present themselves through normal support channels
- Everything may change. We’re a small company that is growing fast.
Skills and Experience you will need to succeed in this position:
- 2+ Years in a traditional support, customer care, or support management role
- Above average written and spoken communication skills
- Copywriting/Process Documentation
- Some experience with Community Management (either online or face to face)
Bonus skills (these won’t be used in your day to day):
- Motion Design/Visual Arts chops
- Event Management
- Analytics and Dashboard interpretation
The best person for this role is a straight talking, amazing communicator who is ridiculously organized and can get hands on to make things happen all while having a great time interacting with our amazing students.
We’re ideally looking for someone with at least a couple of years of proven professional experience as a support manager or community manager, but we embrace people with all sorts of backgrounds, let us know where you’re coming from in your cover letter.
This is not a design or animation role, you will be working primarily in Student Experience. However, if you have those skills you may get a chance to utilize them from time to time.
The Student Experience Manager will need to be available from 8 - 4 Eastern Standard Time, Monday - Friday for the most part. To start, there may be one weekend day per quarter required as we go into our busy sales periods. School of Motion is very relaxed with our time off and scheduled hours, so this schedule is somewhat flexible when we are experiencing lulls in support.
- Send us your most updated resume, we want to see what you’ve been up to
- If you have a portfolio, please include it
- Write a cover letter that explains to us
- Why you want this specific position at School of Motion?
- Describe what you think working from home full time is like?
- What are you currently learning about or excited about in life? How are you learning about these things?
- In your cover letter, include a png of your internet connection from http://www.speedtest.net/
About School of Motion
At School of Motion we’re trying to reinvent the way students learn online by combining the best parts of a traditional brick-and-mortar school with technology that allows our students to live anywhere in the world and receive the best Motion Design training on the planet. Our mission is to break down the barriers to learning, mastering and working in Motion Design. In 2018 we have ten comprehensive courses with several more in development, over 5,000 Alumni, dozens of Teaching Assistants, and a very small team of full time staff working diligently to make it all keep ticking!
Our Core Values:
Our core values embody our team dynamic and our voice. We are rebellious, helpful, effective, playful, and curious. If you would like to work with us, you should be all of these things too:
We don’t like to do things just because they’ve always been done that way. Be skeptical of the status quo and constantly improve.
There is no such thing as “not my job”. Help out in any way you can, and don’t hesitate to reach out for help.
We do things fast and smart. We automate if it makes sense. We skip the meeting if its not immediately beneficial to the mission.
No Bad Vibes. Don’t take yourself too seriously, it’s only Animation.
Have interests, pursue them ruthlessly. Share your weirdness.
Some important information...
While School of Motion does not discriminate on the basis of citizenship or national origin, we may only employ United States citizens and people who are authorized to work in the United States. As long as you meet that criteria, you can work from wherever is comfortable for you! We’re a fully remote team that primarily operates on Eastern Standard Time, and if you are local to Sarasota, Providence, Detroit, or Los Angeles then you can come work with us in person.
We have some great benefits!
- We cover 100% of your health insurance and a portion for your spouse and children
- We have an extremely flexible time off policy. Work wherever you want with an internet connection.
- Access to a 401K plan after one year of employment
- Profit based bonus program
- Saying that we have a very casual work environment is an understatement, just be you.
- An exceptional giphy game.
The position does require domestic travel at least twice per year when we all get together for company retreats and industry conferences (they are fun!).
School of Motion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
School of Motion is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at School of Motion are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
- Experience Level
- Preferred Skill Set
- Job Type