Back to Blog
12 Days of Giveaways 2019
NOTE: 12 Days of Giveaways 2019 has officially ended! Thank you to everyone who entered and to our generous sponsors! Merry MoGraph to All!
It's that time of the year again! Chestnuts are roasting on the open fire; 'season's greetings' cards are overtaking the mantle; motion designers worldwide are fighting for seats in new School of Motion courses; and SOM alumni are scrambling to submit their contributions to our holiday video. There's nothing like the holidays...
Of course, there's nothing in motion graphics more emblematic of the holiday season than our annual 12 Days of Giveaways celebration — your opportunity to win valuable prizes for 12 consecutive days.
And this year the prizes are bigger and better than ever!
NOTE THIS CONTEST IS NOW COMPLETE.
- The contest runs December 9, 2019, through December 20, 2019.
- To enter the contest simply fill out the form above.
- Anyone with a free SOM student account can enter; to register for a free SOM account, visit schoolofmotion.com/register.
- You only need to enter once; additional entries will not be accepted
- By entering, you agree to be publicly recognized as a winner through social media
- Full-time School of Motion employees are not eligible to participate
- You can check back here daily for contest updates
Sorry, no flight to Mars from Elon Musk; but, we did secure some incredible freebies from more than a few of the biggest movers in motion design.
Thank you to our stupendous sponsors:
- ActionVFX provides premium visual effect assets that meet the highest professional industry standards
- Adobe "is changing the world through digital experiences," helping consumers and professionals create, optimize and deliver content through multimedia, creative and digital marketing applications
- aescripts + aeplugins is the premier library and marketplace for high-end tools, scripts and plugins for the leading 2D and 3D applications, including Adobe After Effects and Maxon Cinema 4D
- Eyedesyn delivers popular Cinema 4D tutorials and career-changing 3D products
- The Futur is an online education platform founded for creative entrepreneurs looking for information and inspiration to improve their skills, earn more money and live a sustainable life doing what they love
- Future Media Concepts (FMC) hosts industry conferences and offers onsite and online trainings and certifications on products from Apple, Adobe, Avid, Autodesk, NewTek and Blackmagic Design
- Greyscalegorilla is an industry-leading provider of tools, training and tutorials for motion designers and Cinema 4D artists
- Maxon is the creator of the world's number-one 3D software, Cinema 4D
- The Pixel Lab offers tools, training and assets for all aspects of motion design and 3D
- Puget Systems makes high-powered computers specifically for motion designers
- Red Giant builds software for motion design, color correction, visual effects and photography designed for filmmaking, TV, web production and more
- Stash Media showcases exceptional motion design, visual effects and animation projects and the people who create them, through a public news site and expansive paywalled permanent collection
- Toolfarm is a top reseller and distributor of video software products and plugins, with an emphasis on After Effects and 3D animation
- Video Copilot, the creation of Andrew Kramer, serves as a "collaborative resource" for training, artists, and design tools developed to improve quality and speed while offering freedom and flexibility
- Vimeo is the world's largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell the highest-quality videos
- Wacom provides professional and amateur creatives with pen computers, pen displays, pen tablets, smartpads, styluses and related apps and services
The Prizes: What You Can Win
All daily winners will receive a new School of Motion T-shirt.
And then there's...
Day 1: Video Copilot
Winner: Adam Porter (Confirmed!)
Video Copilot is giving away the Ultra Studio Bundle, including Element 3D, Pro Shaders, Backlight, Motion Design 2, Metropolitan, Jet Strike, Flight Kit, Motion Pulse, and Shockwave.
Day 2: Greyscalegorilla
Winner: Josiah Wood (Confirmed!)
Greyscalegorilla is giving away a full year of Greyscalegorilla Plus, as well as a Complete Suite with every Greyscalegorilla product — the ultimate gift for 3D artists.
Day 3: Wacom
Winner: Havard Saksen (Confirmed!)
Wacom is giving away the Intuos Pro Small digital tablet, a perfect tool for those taking Illustration for Motion that combines the finest pen capabilities with intuitive multitouch support.
Day 4: ActionVFX
Winner: Zi Wen (Confirmed!)
ActionVFX is giving away a $500 gift certificate that can be used for anything on the site, such as explosions, fire, blood, smoke, sounds and other VFX.
This would be a great pickup if you're enrolled in our VFX for Motion course.
Day 5: aescripts + aeplugins
Winner: Adam Pyburn (Confirmed!)
aescripts + aeplugins is giving away a $750 gift card that can be used for anything on the site, created for After Effects, Cinema 4D, Premiere Pro, Maya, Mocha, Nuke, Houdini, Photoshop, Illustrator, and more.
Day 6: Vimeo
Winner: Ni Fleiss (Confirmed!)
Vimeo is giving away a one-year subscription to Vimeo Pro, which includes 400% more storage space than the Plus plan, as well as team collaboration, advanced analytics and video player customization.
Day 7: Red Giant + The Futur
Winner: Graham Williams (Confirmed!)
Red Giant is giving away a one-year subscription to Red Giant Universe, a massive collection of transitions and plugins for video editors and motion designers.
The Futur is giving away its Pitch Kit for mastering the art of the pitch, as well as a 'seat' in the The Futur Academy's styleframe course with Matthew Encina.
Day 8: Adobe
Winner: Olivia Waters (Confirmed!)
Adobe is giving away a one-year subscription to Creative Cloud, the company's collection of more than 20 desktop and mobile apps and services for design, video, web, UX and photography, including After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Day 9: Eyedesyn + Maxon
Winner: Lindsey Bryant (Confirmed!)
Cinema 4D expert, School of Motion 3D Creative Director and 3D tool creator EJ Hassenfratz is giving away everything Eyedesyn has to offer.
Maxon is giving away a one-year subscription to Cinema 4D.
Together, you'll have everything you need — perhaps, other than a 'seat' in Cinema 4D Basecamp — to enhance your 3D creations.
Day 10: The Pixel Lab + Stash Media
Winner: Chris Evans (Confirmed!)
The Pixel Lab is giving away six packs from its extensive library of 3D tools.
Stash is giving away a one-year subscription to its permanent collection, a curated library of extraordinary MoGraph projects.
Day 11: Future Media Concepts
- Post-Production World Pass: Stephen Howe (Confirmed)
- Vlog University Pass: Daniel Rivera (Confirmed)
- FMC Course of Choice: Elaine Hawkins (Confirmed)
Future Media Concepts is giving away a prize to 3 lucky winners on Day 11. One winner will receive a pass to Post Production World at NAB in Las Vegas, another willer will receive a pass to Vlog University, and finally, one winner will receive a 'seat' in any one of the institute's online classes.
Day 12: Puget Systems + Toolfarm
Winner: Ali Adam (Awaiting Confirmation)
Puget Systems is giving away the year's largest gift card, for $1,000 toward a custom-built workstation.
Toolfarm is giving away a $250 gift card for use on any video software product(s) or plugin(s).
Winter 2020 Registration is Open!
All 11 are interactive and intensive, and that's why they're effective. In fact, 99% of our alumni recommend School of Motion as a great way to learn motion design.
Nevertheless, we know this isn't a decision to be made lightly, and sometimes choosing the right course can be complicated. That's why we created — and recently updated and enhanced — a quiz designed to help you determine which one(s) is/are right for you.
Take the quiz below, and remember:
- No matter which course(s) you choose, you'll gain access to our private student groups; receive personalized, comprehensive critiques from professional artists; and grow faster than you ever thought possible
- The results of the quiz are simply a recommendation; you're free to take any course(s) you wish
The New Course Quiz
Need help, or still unsure? Chat on the site with our Support Team now!